Thursday, January 1, 2009

First day . . . First Step to 2009 Resolutions Fufilled!

At this very moment, I have finally joined the blogging movement. Today, on this first day of 2009, marks my first official attempt as a novice blogger. As I'm sitting here trying to purge my brain of useless information to put out there to the world, I thought . . . what better way to start this blog and 2009 with a list of my resolutions for this year. I am not one of those people that really sit down and write out a few resolutions that will never come to pass in the coming year, but this year I felt ambitious and did just that. Here's this years resolutions or goals:

1. Start a blog - FIRST STEP TAKEN!! Wahoo!! What a way to start the year off. When I first told my husband that I was going to start a blog he gave me this wide eyed face with his jaw slightly dropped. "My wife, doing a blog? You don't like to share things, you like to keep things to yourself. I think that sounds awesome." Well here I am . . . looks like I'm changing.

2. Eat healthier - I know, I know, too cliche. I guess with all the eating over the Christmas holiday far outweighing the time spent in the gym, it gave me a case of the guilts. Want to know what I had for dinner tonight? Chicken enchiladas, rice, cornbread, and a chocolate chip cookie bar. How am I doing so far?

3. Go to the gym 4 times a week - Again . . . more guilt over all the eating over the holiday. I'm doing good on this one . . . already 2 times down this week. Give me Friday night and Saturday morning and I think I can put a star on my chart for this one.

4. Get a part time job at MAC Cosmetics - if there is one resolution/goal that is the most important to me this year, it's this one. This goal is a result of the power of an epiphany occuring during my morning commute to work. Why MAC? I remember to this day when the first Nordstrom opened up in Dallas, Texas. I walked into it and saw the hip/mod girls dressed in black working behind the makeup counter and I knew I wanted to be one of them one day. It only took me 12 years of trying to be someone I'm not meant to be to realize that I'm happiest when I'm doing something I love. And that's being a makeup artist. Who would have thought? Right? Over the fall I took steps in honing my skills as a makeup artist and getting to be one of those girls in black at MAC is my next step.

5. Play the piano more - As a kid I took piano lessons for 8 years and I was pretty dang good. And of course, I quit. I still know how to play and read music but I never practice. I feel guilty becuase I have been given this talent and I'm doing nothing to keep it. This year, I am going to try and learn one piece a month. Now I just need to go get some music that I can actually learn.

6. Read more classic novels - I LOVE to read. It's probably one of my top two favorite things to do. I didn't always love to read, in fact, it has only been the last few years that I have really gotten in it. I'm so into, that I read about 2-3 books a month. What kinds of books am I reading you ask? I normally read women's interest/bestseller/girl books. So am I a great accomplished reader? No, not at all. So this year, I vow to read a classic novel every other book.

So there you have it! I'm excited about this blog. I plan on blogging a lot, and I'll blog about anything I want from TV episodes that I love, recipes, funny things that happen to me, to just whatever I darn well please. And with that, I say hello fellow bloggers, thank you for welcoming me into your circle and may you make your 2009 the best year ever!!!!!

Brittany's BLAHg has been officially launched!!

5 comments:

  1. How fun, Brittany. :) I look forward to hearing what you have to BLAHg about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog craze! I can't wait to see all your random thoughts on here! Happy New Year! Check our blog out as well! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are some pretty dang good goals! I could use some help in the makeup department. That sounds like it is something you really love. I wish you luck with all of your goals. Dinner sounds yummy by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blahg. I can't wait to see what recipes you share because everything you ever make is YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY. I'll send you a link for Good Reads, and you can see if you want to link up with your friends to keep up on who is reading what.

    ReplyDelete