Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cause You're My Number One

Over the next few weeks, I decided I would spotlight some important people that bring so much fun and excitement to my life and they deserve some recognition. Meet The BFF aka Sarah Dawn Homer Maughan aka Homer. Sarah and I were instant friends the day we met on March 7, 2001 in the call center at Snell & Wilmer Law Office. On a fluke, the original girl who was supposed to train me called in sick and Sarah trained me to be a fierce receptionist. Sarah took me under her wing immediately and let me house all my belongings in her parent’s basement within 3 days of knowing me. After we shared a delicious Chick-Fil-A lunch we knew it was meant to be and we started our ‘journey’ together as BFFs. I say the word journey because Sarah hates that word.

Top 10 things I LOVE about the Homer:

10. Her infectious laugh – man could your teeth be any more perfect or whiter

9. She knows what’s important in life, not a superficial bone in her

8. she drives with her hand hovering over the horn of the car all the time because you never know when you might need to honk at someone

7. She has her own vocabulary with words such as notarepublic, and kelacentury (keyless entry)

6. loves fashion – too many clothes = cluttered closet . . . sorry Mark . . . I tried to help her when we were roommates

5. she always take my side no matter what side of the argument I am on – and vice versa – we’re a package deal

4. voice of an angel – literally – she’ll sing at my funeral even if she’s 98 she’ll be singing

3. always calls me on Tuesday after Gossip Girl to gossip about the show – we both have a healthy obsession

2. Makes me feel like I’m the best thing on this earth since the Twilight books. Twilight books took over sliced bread a few years ago.

Number 1 thing I LOVE – her, just her. She’s the best friend I never imagined I could ever have.

Sarah, thanks for being such an integral part of my life. Thanks for the bajillions of laughs we have and continue to have. Thanks for loving me for me no matter what I do or where we live. There are not enough blogs in the web universe to tell you how much I love US!!

1 comment: