Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Wow Reading to Start off 2010

I’ve really been extremely fortunate to start out the new year with some amazing books. These books are leaving me saying wow a few times and just completly loving them.

First book I read for 2010 was A Thousand Splendid Suns. Now I really didn’t want to read this book but it was so popular and got near perfect reviews that I decided I better find out for myself if it really was as good as everyone said. And boy was it. I had read Kite Runner and liked it a lot but I absolutely loved this book. Heart wrenching, that’s all I can say. I definitely recommend it.


Second is actually a series that I have gotten completely engrossed in. Today I just finished book 2 in the series and I cannot wait to read book 3. The books are a historical fiction account of Josephine Bonaparte, the wife of Napoleon Bonaparte. I have loved every minute of these books. I also got super fascinated with the time period. Book 1 starts off a short time before the French Revolution and goes through the Reign of Terror and so on. So good. I highly recommend these as well.

1 comment:

  1. I read A Thousand Splendid Suns a couple of years ago - it haunted me for weeks. So sad but so good. I still need to finish the Sookie books. Then maybe I'll try out the other series.

    p.s. Mike and I fought over who got to eat the last of your Christmas goodies. Loved those, especially the white balls.

    ReplyDelete