Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Goals

What's the first thing you think of when it comes to April 1? Jokes of the fooling sort right? Well today I kept thinking I was going to re-commit to a few things and try an idea that I had. Ultimately, these new goals could perhaps make me the fool for trying but I'm all for giving it the good ole college try, right?

Goal 1 - I need to recommit back to really giving new books a try. After my New Years resolution came crashing down last week I kind of got myself in this funk. Everything I tried to pick up and read was just not mixing with me. Well today since it's the beginning of a new month I'm re-committing to my reading habit. I only read 5 books and listened to 1 audio book in March and I was quite disappointed with that because I've done better. Stupid huh? Because I hit 7-8 books the previous months I felt like I slacking. I have to keep reminding myself that I read more books than some people do in a lifetime. Relax Brittany . . . don't be ridiculous.

So with Goal 1 what do I do? I head straight for the library after work today and pick up literary beauty in the form of 972 pages of historical romance. I mean if we're recommitting let's just go BIG!! If I finish this book it will by far be the largest book I have ever read. Anna K was only 884. But it could be longer than this book becuase the words were almost invisible they were so small. But from the reviews I read of this new book it could be super good. If I make it to the finish line and I love it, you'll hear about it.

On an off note . . . just thought of this . . . one of my favorite books of all time is Memoirs of a Geisha. Read it if you haven't. Left me contemplating it for days. Note . . . get through the first 200 pages and I promise it will pay off.


Goal 2 - Ok this goal could very well make me the fool of my own April fools joke, because that's what this goal is, a complete joke I admit but I'm determined to try it. Ok here it goes . . . starting next Monday the 6th, I want to try to not eat out at all for 2 whole weeks. Yeah, go ahead laugh . . . I am. You know how some people go without sugar for 2 weeks to try and get the craving out of their system? Well I thought why not try that with eating out? Lately it's all I've been wanting to do when I get home from work. Cafe Rio, Rumbi's, Five Guys, it's starting to get out of control. So I thought if I really planned out some menus for two weeks and I didn't eat out at all during my experiment maybe I could 'quit the habit'. I know I couldn't give it up completely but maybe curb it. I know, I'm pretty skeptical myself as to whether I can pull this off but a girl can try. Guess I better go binge this weekend and get everything in!!!

Finally, learned a new word yesterday. Exsanguinate . . . had no idea what it meant. Funny . . . lately I've been wanting to get a Word of the Day calendar. That's for you D.

5 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog... and I did one too on April Fools Day...then scrolled down and saw you had a resolution about reading... I had that for my New Year Resolution - 4 years ago,to read and started a reading group...
    you have a fun blog...and recipes - similar interests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt!
    You are becoming a little OCD with the GOAL thing. I'm all for goals, but not ones that forbid you from eating at Cafe Rio! Think of all of the poor souls like moi that cannot even enjoy the tender sweet morsels of that place because we live on the other side of the world. Whatever you like, I like, so think of eating at the RIO as giving a gift to your BFF.

    I love your word of the day. What the heck does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the goals! I can't wait for the post 2 week update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good word goal Sooks. That won't be hard with how much you are reading.

    ReplyDelete